The Royal County Arbiter

01 June 2006

Lost Property Box Jury

Another library find, this time a mix CD I discovered buried under all the gloves, pens and reading lists in the lost property box. I was so intrigued by the drawing on it of the bird's wings and paw print that I took it home to have a listen.

Mix

I spent a good hour identifying all the tracks and, boy, do I feel gypped! This is undoubtedly the worst mix CD that I have ever heard. No wonder it got left at the library.

  1. The Beatles - I've Just Seen A Face
  2. Sam Cooke - Wonderful World (Don't Know Much)
  3. Bic Runga - Sway
  4. Prince - The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
  5. Lenny Kravitz - Stand By My Woman
  6. Bill Withers - Lean On Me
  7. Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately
  8. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You
  9. Katie Melua - Closest Thing To Crazy
  10. Bob Dylan - To Make You Feel My Love
  11. Bob Marley - I Know A Place (Where We Can Carry On)
  12. Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet
  13. Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong
  14. Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
  15. Bob Marley - Turn Your Lights Down Low
  16. Billy Joel - And So It Goes
  17. The Beach Boys - Disney Girls
  18. Sting - Fields Of Gold
  19. Eva Cassidy - Time After Time
  20. Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm

I feel embarrassed every time I look at the readers in the library now, wondering who the recipient was and, more pertinently, who in god's name made this MOR slushfest. I mean, I feel mortified for this person who thinks Lenny Kravitz songs are a valid form of musical expression. They'll never pass their finals this way.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

:( can I have my CD back please?

1:42 pm  
Blogger ben:

'Darrell Jones 2026: All Back To Mine' there.

*Track missing: They Might Be Giants: "Here's Another Great One We Threw In A Bin, Dad"

11:11 am  
Blogger fin:

I like the winged decoration with the pawpad.

6:11 pm  
Blogger Steven:

this looks the ideal soundtrack to a dinner party for late 40 somethings in the mid 80's. even then they'd be extremely conservative for the times..

9:22 pm  
Blogger Phil:

Lenny Krav's drummer is quite good. I saw her once.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day digitally remastering compilation tapes from my childhood.

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home